Thursday, August 7

Event To Happen

Well, he’s gone and done it again. A pub quiz that is. We know the only good to come out of that is raffle tickets and who more likely to put in £5 towards it and win this….for 1 night! And he was thinking of giving it to his Mom and Des. As if! Instead he sent me this…

-----Original Message-----
From: Webb, Nick
Sent: 25 July 2008 09:53
To: Kibsey Zoe
Subject:

Would you like to be my guest at the hotel below?

http://www.thestaffordhotel.co.uk/default.asp


So I guess that settles it. We really should have done it last weekend since we just sat around and stayed in that night. Now that were all booked up for my BIRTHDAY this weekend. Which by the way should be a great shindig. A BBQ at ours, 25 people, as if were going to fit everyone in our tiny back garden! Never mind the weather report which changes like a bad pair of grapes…I still don’t know if it is going to rain that day coz the report keeps on changing to heavy showers than light showers than cloudy….Thats London for you I guess. So as a back-up, Ive booked a place at The Devonshire. Its actually quite nice in there and I did consider just having it there instead but…it would be nice to have it at the house.


Next weekend is the V Fest again. I am absolutely dreading the washroom situation. Half hour line-ups. By the time you realize you haveto pee, your in the middle of a crowd watching a band, by the time you locate the port-a-loos, you haveto wait. And you know all the guys in the line aren’t just taking a piss coz they can do that over the fence. I remember last year all the girls with their skirts and gum boots were covering eachother with jackets in some corner for privacy. Its HORRIBLE! I only agreed to go again this year coz everyone else was going. It’s the social part of it I like, Im not even that into half the bands that are playing.

And alas, Great Auntie Eileen at 86 has passed away. Christine predicted that she would die while they (Chris, Des and Rose) were away in Italy on holiday and sure enough, it happened. So the funeral wont be held until the 18th (2 ½ weeks after?) which just happens to be the day after V Fest. So we have a 2 hour drive straight from the Fest in all our smelly glory to attend the funeral at 12pm. Good thing I took the Monday off. Christine also doesn’t want Auntie Joan (Eileens sister also in a nursing home on her death bed) that she died in case it kills her as well. I don’t think the sisters got along very well.

So Sad.

No comments: