Wednesday, August 27

One Year Older

This is so not like me. I haven’t updated you on my life for almost 3 weeks! What have I been doing??

Well, my birthday was a bash. It rained but Deirdre was good enough to bring her gazebo which we set up on the deck and it just fit and felt quite cozy. Everyone said they didn’t feel like they were in South Norwood…which is a good thing! I ended up necking corona’s all night and we headed to the pub (3 doors down) and then crashed our neighbours house who were also having a party which was great and they are so nice! I paid for it all the next day by not being able to keep even water in my stomach. Yech! Oh well, bring on 29.

Becca has moved out and the rule ‘Never Live with your Friends’ is work related as well. Especially doing both at once is so not recommended! In the end, I think it is best for us to live apart and so that has happened and now I can go on being messy, being clean, whatever it is I want to do in my house that don’t go against the rules I have set for others. Since Nick is so easy to live with and Beth is hardly there and they don’t care anyway. And now the blue room is all set up for guests that so wish to crash for the night and for MY SISTER, MIKE AND KARIS WHO ARE COMING FOR 3 MTHS IN JANUARY!!! And I cant wait.

We also went to the V Fest and I got to see

Alanis Morisette – Great on stage
Amy MacDonald – Good but maybe played like 4 songs??
Maximo Park – cant remember and don’t know much stuff anyway
The Kooks – only time I missed a song due to bathroom break (my favourite one as well) booooo
Stereophoics – very hott lead singer
Prodigy – highlight of the weekend. Great atmosphere, great crowd, great sound.

Girls Aloud – entertaining but lame all the same
The Feeling - private sesh
Lenny Kravitz - Great
Amy Whinehouse – Boring
KINGS OF LEON – Amazing but sound was low quality
The Kaiser Chiefs – Great on stage

The bonus was the weather, we only got rained on overnight and it was dry by morning. The campsite, the less trips to toilet for me (mustve been taking it easy on the drink) the people we went with (mostly couples) and Paula for having loose wristbands into the VIP area where she took me and we got a private show from Squeeze (its cool for cats / I got a job with Stanley, He said I’d come in handy) and Dan Gillespie Sells from The Feeling came up and sang with Squeeze and me and Paula were right up front! Very cool. We also got free alcohol so stowed it all in our bags and boots and brought it all out for the others. What are we? 12? No, unfortunately were all almost 30. Sad, I know.

So after a full on weekend camping, partying etc I/we had to get up at 5am….drive to South Norwood (2 hrs) miss our ride, sleep for 45 min, shower get ready and drive 2 hrs down to Portsmouth for Nicks Great Auntie Eileen’s funeral while everyone in the car sleeps…stand up sit down stand up sit down kneel cry sing for an hour and a half at the Catholic funeral…don’t eat until 2pm drive 2 hrs back to South Norwood at 5pm, make dinner watch tv and go to bed and wake up the next morning and go to work with a massive fat guy snoring and falling off chair on my 8:01 train in the morning only to come down with a cold which made me call in sick on Friday which was the last day to be in our building (pack up etc) before our office move the following week. Man, I cant believe it all happened it this time frame.

From: Dan Hawkes
Sent: 19 August 2008 09:45
To: Kibsey Zoe
Subject: RE: Official V Festival Photo

Sounds horrific Zoe, well done to the drivers for getting the useless others home (and there!!)

Zoe, you'll laugh at this. I was awake when you guys were leaving and heard you flip the switch on Tom!! Mental.

Then as we're packing up to go at about 7.30am the noisy guys near us are going "did you hear that american girl going nuts at her mates cos they weren't ready at 5.30am!!"

They meant you Z to the O to the DO double G.

Quality weekend.



Where does it all go?
Now Nick has stayed home for 2 days from being ill (although he wasn’t as bad as me and was just looking for an excuse to rest) He has just called me to let me know he is setting up the desk. So now were in our new office which is pretty nice and everyone thinks im the secretary or something which Im not so I had to send them an email to let them know that! Also it’s a better journey since I am literally a 2 min walk from my desk to my train platform! Seriously. I can sleep in till 7:30 coz my train doesn’t leave until 8:25 and its empty so I will always get a seat! Yae!

Tonight its Fabrizio's leaving drinks. Hes moving back to Italy on friday. Ill try not to stay out too late or drinks too much....
That’s all for now folks.

No comments: