Monday, November 24

Mommies Little Soldier



Mother-in-Law vs. Daughter-in-Law

So basically, Ive decided to plan Nicks 30th Bday on 20 December.

After countless phonecalls and emails sent out to see whos available, traipsing around the city to check out the rooms blah blah blah…I found the perfect venue!

Its near London Bridge and we have the whole main bar to ourselves, it fits 50-60 people and we can bring our own ipod. I was even going to get people to pitch in like £3-5 for some snacks. I invited all of Nicks friends (that I know) from his work, travels, Uni including immediate family….and I put a £100 deposit down to secure it and made up the invite as well.

I meant to mention it to Christine just to make sure but didn’t get a chance to when she was over. Because bookings were filling up considering its only a month away, I went ahead and booked it last week.

Next thing I know, Christine calls me and starts having a go at me (which she claimed she wasn’t having a go at me) about how for Nicks 18th & 21st Bdays they always had a big do and invited all the family and family friends and so on and and would want to come and bring the kids and blah blah blah and noone will want to go ALL THE WAY UP TO LONDON (considering this is a couple of stops on the train is really not an issue.

She wants to rent a HALL and get a DISCO in (which may I remind you that at these discos they play Macarena, Oops Up Side Your Head & Locomotion etc) and auntie Kim would do the food and there would be KIDS there and….thats when I tuned out.

Thing is, Nick didn’t want to make a big deal about his bday because noone did anything for Kims 30th. But apparently Kim says she doesn’t care but anyway…

To be fair, I can see where shes coming from but I cant believe she didn’t mention it to me before! So she said she would call around to the families and see who wants to come up for it.
So anyway, if she does manage to find a hall the weekend before Xmas and is able to organize it (I will do my loyal daughter-in-law duties and help organize FOR NICK SAKE!) then I will cancel the Sat night, lose £100 and get all his friends together on the Friday instead. Unfortunately it wont be a private room coz I called around and everywheres booked so Ill have reserve an area in a random bar coz I really doubt his work friends, his Essex friends and North London friends are going to wanto come on the train in south London to have a bday party at a hall with Nicks family.

But thats my personal opinion.

Maybe its what Nick wants.

No comments: