Tuesday, November 25

Mishap

Little update:

I asked Christine if she could call around venues (halls) to see what was available and prices and give a few family members a call to see who was arund and get back to me coz I can always change my venue to a friday. (My venue wasnt available on the friday but I thought I could just reserve an area in a bar and invite friends only and have the family do on the Sat.) See, me being diplomatic.

Anyway, today, I met up with Nick and hinted around some more about his Bday and I said that me and his Mom would plan it if he didnt mind and what kind of venue was he thinking of. He said he wouldnt mind like an area in a bar or a members type club (bars that you can hire out for parties for cheap that usually let kids in and have pool tables and dance floors and cheap drinks) but definitely not the Scout Hall (which is what Christine had in mind). 

Anyway, I called Christine after work and mentioned that to her (about the members club) and somehow we just ended up raising our voices at eachother coz she says families are more important that friends and that none if his family are going go up London (which honestly, is about a 20 min train journey) and since I went ahead and booked the bar (which kids cant come to) I can do whatever I want and she wants nothing to do with it! 

And hung up on me!!!

I was more shocked than upset to be honest. So I went home, spoke to my wise 'ol Dad and am now going to have to tell Nick all about it and let him sort it out because I thought being the girlfriend and all, that I would be the party planner. I wouldnt expect my Mom to organize my brothers birthday...I would expect his wife to!

Personally for me, I dont want kids at my 30th.

Maybe thats just me though. 

No comments: