Monday, December 15

Holiday Soon...

How it ever got to be the end of 2008 is beyond me. I cant believe its almost Christmas!!

Im so excited and anxious that I couldnt sleep last night. In 1 week, I will be preparing to pick up my sister, Mike and Karis from the airport. Im not to happy about the time (5am) but that is a small sacrifice to them being here.

I will have to bring their jackets to the airport with me coz even at 3C here it will be absolutely freezing to their acclimatised 30C weather theyve been in for the past 2 mths in Zambia.

So we sorted out the bedroom and I folded all of Karis' clothes I bought her over the past 2 mths in cute little piles waiting to go into the dresser Beth is happily getting out of her small room.

And then 1 day later I get to pick up my Mum!! Boy, do we have things planned. I put my reservation for my turkey in so I can pick that up for Xmas and Ive wrapped most the presents, put the lights and the tree up (without Nicks help - what a grinch!) and tonight Im going with wet-haired girl to this massive shopping centre that opened up a couple of months ago to get the rest of the gifts. Its going to be packed!

Im also not allowed to put the presents under the tree, in case someone breaks in and steals them:( So they will sit wrapped up in the bedroom until then.

Im also have anxiety dreams about Nicks Bday and the venue I chose. I just realized from Cara that the place I booked is where Cara had her Hen Night back in Spring 07. So Ive totally been there! I knew I recognized the name. Its a really cool venue so now I feel a bit more calm about the whole thing.

Dinner is still booked for the Sat with Christine and on the Sunday, we head down to Poole to visit Nicks Dad for the night and then a whole smoking 2 weeks off of work! I cant wait.

I decided to buy Nick an ipod for his Bday. He will least expect it. We cant really afford it but it is his 30th. He asked for it and I laughed at him. As I say, he will least expect it.

I managed to find a few on the gumtree and found one this guy was selling. so I went and got it only to realize the sound only comes out of one headphone (which he warned me about but thought it was the headphone fault-it wasnt). Luckily the guy refunded me after a harumph from him and enough of that, so I went online and got a brand new ipod nano 8GB thanks to my discount I get through work...and Nadine lending me the money till payday. So sweet of her.
So Nick, I hope your happy! and I hope you havent discovered my blog yet and is reading this before your Birthday so as to ruin the surprise.

Can I keep nothing from him??

1 comment:

me and m said...

haha...he probably secretly reads your blog and knows all about his birthdday "suprises"!

Yup - you will need to bring a PARKA when you come pick us up! And have your house heated to 30degrees, then we'll be comfy!

And can't wait for that turkey!!!
m